WordPress, which was launched in 2003 and which originally started as a blogging system, has today become the most popular content management system (CMS) in the world. There is a reason why there are over 74,652,825 users worldwide.
The open-source platform has become a favorite amongst site owners of all types. Some of the reasons why one should use WordPress are listed below:
1. It’s free! – the main reason why anyone should use WordPress is because it’s free. You only have to download the software, install it and use it. In addition to this, WordPress is an open source and you can modify the source code to your desire.
2. It’s easy to learn and use – you don’t need to be an internet or HTML expert to learn how to use WordPress. The WordPress platform is very user friendly and one can learn it in just 5 minutes.
3. Search Engine Friendly – WordPress has been designed in a manner to make your site attractive to search engines and thus WordPress is Search Engine Optimised (SEO) friendly.
4. Provides professionally designed themes such as our themes here at Premium Wedding Themes – you don’t have to go through the effort of hiring a professional web designer. Finding a premium theme is quiet easy and inexpensive.
Further, the WordPress themes can be customized to your requirement as there are option panels which allow you to change the background color, add your own logo, create beautiful patterns and do many more tools without writing any codes.
5. It’s safe and secure – since a lot of content is stored on WordPress, WordPress places the security of it’s users as a high priority. Though one should be careful and not use untrusted sites to download themes, WordPress also constantly updates its software to prevent hacking.
6. Support of multimedia – with WordPress one is not limited to only writing text as WordPress comes with built in support to add images, videos and audio to enhance user experience.
7. Its Mobile friendly – with the increase in use of mobiles to access websites, it is important that your website is mobile friendly as well. Most themes available at WordPresss have been designed to be responsive, i.e user friendly to avoid any challenge which may be faced by your customers while accessing your website from their mobiles.
8. The WordPress community – with so many users, a WordPress community has been developed to provide support, exchange ideas and make the use of WordPress more effective. One can connect to the community through the WordPress forum or though WordCamp events.
9. Provides e-commerce solutions – with the help of using ecommerce solutions and plugins like WooCommerce, WP eCommerce and Shopp, one can easily start making money online.
10. Provides multi user capability – since there can be many people using your website, WordPress provides the option to assign different roles to different people.